Monday, December 24, 2012

CdS Worlds Away

Last night I went to the movies for the first time in probably years.  I went to see Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away.  I didn't know anything about it, other than it was described as being a film for those who can't make it to the shows.  What I found in the theater is that this means a film for those who can't make it to Vegas.  It was filmed in Vegas and really is just a few acts from each of several shows there.  Approximately 4 from O, 4 from Ka, 4 from Love, 1 from Mystere, and 1 from the now retired show Viva Elvis.  I was very disappointed that Viva Elvis closed before I got to see it, so I was really happy to see one number in the movie.  The 4 acts I saw from Love helped increase my resolve to never ever see that one.

The film was in 3D.  I didn't really get the whole 3D gimmick before, but it seems alright and I'm ok with it now.

I had to sit through a whole bunch of awful previews in 3D, but one good one, for the new JJ Abrams Star Trek coming out in May.  I remember when Mike and I saw the first JJ Abrams Star Trek we both decided it might be the best movie ever.  The next one looks amazing as well, but they appear to be going for scary and sad, which makes me smell a trilogy coming our way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails