Sunday, September 16, 2012

Being bad didn't feel so good

not my photo
Last week I saw the allergist to discuss the reactions to food that I have been having.  Mostly apparent fruit allergies that started summer 2011, but a couple that I've had longer.  They tested me for specific fruit allergies and all came back negative.  This means the reactions I've been having are actually related to pollen allergies.  I was told that I can eat fruit as usual.  I'll have side effects, but I won't go into shock and die.

To celebrate, today I bought some avocados and made a batch of guacamole and ate it all.  It wasn't very much fun because about 3 chips in I went deaf in my left ear and basically spent the rest of the time eating and swelling with caution.

I don't think I will go out of my way to eat avocado any more, but at least I know if it's on a salad or sandwich or something that I don't have to scrape it off.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails