Friday, October 28, 2011

Everything is rent

Here are photos of the 95% rented shelf space I talked about recently.
A shelf I consider "normal" looks like this:

Labeled with generic descriptions of games. 
This is the only shelf like it in the store.  All the others look like this, and these are only a few examples.






My dad tells me that these vendor-specific displays are because profit is now measured per shelf, instead of aggregrate for the whole store.  Vendors who don't perform well get their shelf space reduced.  This also makes it pretty impossible to comparison shop, since similar items (dolls, cars, train sets) are not next to each other.

This has probably been going on for quite some time, but I just started shopping in toy aisles, so I didn't notice it before.  Maybe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails