Sunday, August 28, 2011

The day after my last post, my office called me to inquire when I'd be returning from maternity leave, and offered me additional work, which I happily accepted for 2 reasons.  First, I'm not in a position to say no, with Mike out of work.  Second, it fulfills a need in myself that Mike and I had discussed before I went on leave.  So I am feeling very positive about it even though the details aren't worked out yet. 

On Thursday night, Mike picked up a temp assignment and worked a night shift.  He came home unhappy.  We are rethinking the whole plan.  I mean, he didn't go to nursing school in order to work a job that is so legally risky we have to keep an attorney on speed dial.  That is no way to live.  I keep hearing about doctors leaving the field because they can't afford malpractice insurance anymore - well, that type of problem doesn't just apply to doctors.

On Saturday, Mike's mom arrived for a weeklong visit.  She's helping out with Mae and Libby, and some cooking and cleaning.  It's nice to see her and visit.  Libby warmed up to her very quickly.  Maybe there is a part of Libby that remembers Grandma being there when she was born!

Poor Libby keeps falling down and hitting her head.  Yesterday she fell into the dishwasher and gave herself a black eye.  Today she hit the same eye in the same place when she fell down and knocked her face into the bed frame.  Sheesh!

We have a few Blu-Ray discs that came with digital copies.  Did you know that the digital copies expire if you don't install them right away?  That stinks!

In the last couple of days I've tried 2 knockoff recipes: Popeyes biscuits, and Milano cookies.  Both were failures as knockoffs but still tasted pretty good.

Went to the park today and Libby crashed a play group, played in the drinking fountain, and nearly fell asleep on the swings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails