Thursday, July 07, 2011

A good day

We were too sick to go out on July 4th, so we just listened to fireworks at home.  Libby didn't even seem to notice the noises outside and had no trouble sleeping through them.  We were given some antibiotics.  Either the meds are working or the steam is working or the virus has run its course, but somehow we are finally on the mend.  I only have a cough at night now, and it's not nearly as bad as it was a few nights ago.

On a whim yesterday, we went to JCPenney Portrait Studio to get some maternity and family photos taken.  Really good prices and much more professional than the Olan Mills studio we went to about a year ago.  Libby was scared of the photographer at first, but as soon as he got out a teddy bear and started tickling her with the bear, she cheered right up.

I had groceries delivered from Safeway, a service that I love.  I think it's a good trick to saving money because it eliminates all impulse buys in the store, and it forces us to make a list, which forces us to plan some meals ahead. 

In the evening I actually found time to just sit and watch a 40 minute TV show with DH, something we haven't done in a long time.  Then DH made homemade pizza using the homemade bread dough I'd prepared earlier that day.

All in all it was a pretty good day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites in a long time. It was so nice to just sit and enjoy a few minutes of time together, put my arm around you, and breathe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails