Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today was a better day than yesterday.  I had a doctor's appt and then worked (for pay) most of the rest of the day.  I was asked to present on a conference call, which was nice for my self esteem.  Liberty entertained herself through dinner so I could spend it with DH.  We bought a summer pass to all the pools in the area.  It was a bit more expensive than I had hoped, because our stupid house is "out of district" even though we live in the park district and I'm sure we have to pay the same taxes as everybody else.  Oh wait, did I say "we"?  It's probably our landlord who pays them.  Well, then I pay them through my rent, ha.  Anyway, I turned to DH and complained that it was like Montrose all over again.  We lived on a single street that was not part of the city, but was considered unincorporated county, and so did not qualify for most public services.  That is how my street is now.  My street is actually an un-named side street consisting of 4 houses.  There is a sign at the bottom that says my street is not maintained by the county.  And evidently we are not serviced by the park district, either.  Please, in my next life, can I NOT live on a hill, while pregnant, in an unincorporated area.  Thank you.

Anyway, there are 8 pools in the area, and though I don't think we can commit to a full schedule of "Baby & Me" classes, we can at least drop in to Open Swim with Libby in any of the 8 pools, and see how she likes it.  Also there are pregnancy fit classes year round, which I reallly wish I had known about sooner.  I hope I can attend a few of those as well, but it will be more of a challenge to make it work with DH's schedule and Libby's schedule or a babysitter's schedule.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails