Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kitty needs a new kidney

This is the weekend where I decorate for Christmas and finish my last-minute Christmas shopping. The shopping is now nearly done, I have written Christmas cards until my hand ached(which doesn't take much, I'm so unused to writing that my hand aches after only 2 or 3 cards), and now I'm getting ready to decorate. We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday (Friday) because PH had to work on Thursday. We cooked turkey and made cranberry sauce and Jello pie, and went to the movies to see Four Christmases. I laughed out loud many times.

Yesterday we also got some sad news from the vet. Miss Jack doesn't have diabetes, but she does have kidney failure. Still, it is not all bad since she does not show any signs of discomfort or illness. Assuming that the fact that she drinks so much water is related to the kidney failure, then she has been living with this for as long as we've known her, which is almost 2 years. She is going to go on a special diet and hopefully this will let her live with us even longer than before.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails