Sunday, May 11, 2008

I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time

I don't even entirely know what these new iTouch phone things are, but I know I must have one. I'm not usually like this with new technology. My phone is not bluetooth-enabled, a blackberry, or camera phone, or even a flip phone. It's a phone that's just a phone. I'm not usually tempted by new stuff at all.

At first, that's how it was with the iphones. I ignored them. Then last week, I was sitting next to a Jewish granny on the airplane, and she had an iphone. I kept looking at it. I had no idea what it was but I WANTED IT. The only thing that alarmed me was that she was reading a manual for it that was the size of a dictionary.

Last night Mike and I went to the Arclight to see Iron Man. Excellent movie, I'm so proud of Jon Favreau! And before the film started we saw a girl in the row in front of us showing pictures to someone on her iphone. Again, the envy! So, she's showing pictures, so what?!? I should have been thinking. But instead I was just wondering how soon it will be before I have one of those things!

After the movie ended, Mike got out his Razr phone to turn it back on. "Put that thing away!" I hissed at him. "Aren't you embarrassed of it?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, I have an iphone. It was Jason any my Christmas present to each other this year. I like to tell people, "sure, some girls have men who give them jewelry, but mine loves me enough to give me an iphone!"...I'm such a dork!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails