Monday, March 31, 2008

The trouble with eating at odd hours

is that you tend to get poor service at takeout counters.

I am on the west coast, but I work for people on the east coast. So, as a courtesy to them, I do not take lunch until after they have gone for the day, which is as early as 2:00. But sometimes I am getting lunch as late as 3 or 4pm. This is normal for me and I don't get hungry until that time anyway. But I get looked at funny at the takeout counter, even if I have called my order in ahead of time.

I know I should just start bringing my own lunch. But I'm lazy.

Another problem with eating at odd hours is having to explain yourself to everyone around you. People have always seemed obsessed with my eating habits, and eating lunch at 2:00 or later always elicits an incredulous "you're eating lunch NOW???" or "late lunch?" or "is that your dinner?" pretty much every day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails