Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today I agreed to remain an officer on the executive board of my DAR chapter for the next 2 years, so that pretty much cements the need for me to return to LA regularly to visit. I had looked at a couple of chapters in the Portland area and wasn't too excited by what I had seen. My chapter is coming along pretty well and I like it and want to stay and see it get even better.

In other news, Mike and are going camping next weekend on just the motorcyle. We packed up the saddlebags today as a dry run to see if everything would fit. That's when we found out that we lost our tent. We looked in every closet, under the bed, and in our storage unit. Even in my car. Could not find the tent. We did find a suitcase that is total garbage and I thought we threw it away a long time ago. I finally guessed that Mike must have planned to throw away the suitcase and then picked up the tent and threw it away instead, or we actually did throw away the suitcase, and the tent and the suitcase found a way to switch or morph.

So we decided to drive all the way to Rancho Cucamonga which is where they have a Bass Pro store, the only reason to go to Rancho Cucamonga as otherwise it is a horrible place to visit, on par with Irvine. They had a tent that must have been a special purchase because it was only $50, and all the other tents were over $100. We got the $50 tent and felt lucky. Not as lucky as if we had not lost our tent to begin with, but still.

Then we ate at a restaurant called Richie's Diner. They told us it would be a 20-minute wait, so we went and sat at the bar. Someone came out and gave us a free hot fudge sundae, and then the hostess called my name to say our table was ready. It had only been about 20 seconds, not 20 minutes. I liked Richie's Diner!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails