Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vacuum Cleaner

The vacuum cleaner that has been sitting in our living room since we moved into this house is finally on its way out. It was Mike's dad's vacuum, a Filter Queen, it says, and it's been quite a project to find a good home for it. We had a hilarious visit at one of those vacuum repair places where they wanted hundreds of dollars to do no more than clean it. Little did they know, they were the second place I was visiting, and the first had quoted me $40 to clean it.

Fast forward to today, found someone who wants it, and I'm on my way to deliver it to her right now.

Have you ever noticed how many vacuum repair places there are? In my little town there are more of those than Starbucks. I have a Sears upright that's at least 10 years old and I've never had it serviced once. And it was probably the cheapest vacuum they had at the time. I don't really understand the market for vacuum repair.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails