Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rockin' both parks

I went to Disneyland today to ride the rollercoasters with the Red Hot Chili Peppers soundtrack. Space Mountain was great...they played Higher Ground and the interior of the ride was lit up to some degree so you could actually sort of see what's going on. I liked it a lot, even though the ride in the dark is one of my favorite features of Space Mountain. Higher Ground was the perfect song for that ride. Then we went over to DCA to do the same thing on California Screamin'. The song for that one was All Around the World, which also was a very good choice, though unexpected. It made the ride very enjoyable and seem almost mellow, even though it's a rollercoaster. I think it matched the theme of the ride very well. Nothing critical to say about Disney's choices on these rides.

I thought it would be quiet(ish) in the parks today because it's Super Bowl Sunday. I feel like I had been in the park on SBS before and that there were fewer people. But that was definitely not the case today. It rather crowded, though moreso in the parking lot and outside the park than anywhere else, oddly enough. Inside the park we didn't have to wait too long to get on the 2 rides, but it was blazing hot, so it wasn't perfectly comfortable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails