Wednesday, April 19, 2006

That's what robots are for

I've recently rented the Penn & Teller DVDs...you know, their show on Showtime where they expose BS. I'm really enjoying the show. I wish they would do a show about NASA. That's right, I said NASA.

NASA had a purpose at one time, but now they're just making up contracts to justify their existence. I would have a slightly smaller problem with them if they would stay on the ground. It makes me so mad every time they put someone up. To state the obvious, it's too dangerous, as if they need me to tell them that. It might have been "necessary" to send humans up back in the '60s, but not anymore. Even a robot could participate in the latest stupid project of hitting golf balls off the space station. Don't believe me about their need to justify their own existence? Check out their own press release of April 11, 2006. They'd like to go to the moon again...can someone please provide a reason? http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2006/apr/HQ_06134_moon_exploration.html

1 comment:

David Wallace Croft said...

I think we need to colonize outer space so that we do not have all of our eggs in one basket. To do that, we need to learn how to support human life off of Earth on a long-term basis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails