Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Easter eggs

A few weeks ago, Mike said he wanted to do Easter eggs this year. I wasn't even sure when Easter was. I know, I know, blasphe-me, blasphe-you, blasphe-everybody. But I'm not religious and I'm not 7, so I haven't paid attention to Easter in many years.

Still, I thought it sounded like fun, so I showed him the Martha Stewart Living magazine to give him some ideas. He looked at the pictures and got angry and said "@#$%! Martha Stewart!" so I went out and got a couple of traditional egg dying kits and a crayon.

We both just looked at the calendar and realized that Easter is this Sunday. I wasn't planning on doing eggs until the following weekend. Mike has plans on Sunday and I figured I would go to work while he was out. So, we'll be doing "Easter" a bit late.

I don't eat hard-boiled eggs, so we have to dye the empty eggshells. I wonder if we could dye the whole, raw egg first, and then make the hole in it and dump out the insides. Seems like it would be easier than trying to dye a hollow egg with a hole in it. Martha says you just dye the inside and the outside of the egg, and use tongs to hold the hollow egg down. But I already know how that will go over with Mike.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails