Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sad Eyes

I did the stupidest thing last night. I had put some benzoyl peroxide on my forehead and then I rinsed my hands, but I didn't really wash them before I put lotion on my hands and smeared it on my face. So I smeared acid around my eyes and then went to bed. Now it is 24 hours later and I still have red, puffy eyes. I suppose everyone at work today thought I'd been crying since it was my boss's last day today. He resigned a couple weeks ago and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. At the end of the day, he stopped by to give me his new phone number. I handed him a pen and a notepad to write on, and he thought it was amusing that the stationery was personalized with my name.

"My name's on the pen, too," I said, which made him laugh even more.

"It's my world, you just live in it," I explained.

"This, I have known since the day I met you, " he said.

I forgot to tell him Thank you for hiring me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails